Did you miss the Food as Medicine Symposium?
Symposium recordings are available to purchase. Purchase the entire weekend or select presentations.
Clinical Pearls from the Kitchen Cabinet
Join naturopathic physicians and other healthcare professions for an in-depth examination of the role clinical nutrition plays in our patients’ state of health or disease. Apply the clinical pearls found in the kitchen, and augment any treatment plan. Become proficient in the assessment tools and prescribe with confidence. Rediscover this crucial foundation of natural medicine, and educate your patients to take control of their heath through daily dietary choices.
A goal of the Food as Medicine Institute is integrating nutritional education between and among health professions. This professional symposium is ideal for any clinician who uses, or wants to use, dietary prescription and strategies as key components to treating disease and reclaiming health. Naturopathic, osteopathic, chiropractic and conventional physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and members of allied healthcare organizations will all discover valuable insights and clinical tools at this weekend conference.
Bob Moore of Bob’s Red Mill introduces this inaugural conference. He will offer his words of wisdom, gleaned over the decades, and though his authentic commitment to whole foods in the changing landscape of food and nutrition. We will then launch into our professional lineup of experts.
- Delve into food as medicine philosophies in our history and apply them in today’s world.
- Discover the latest research on the interplay between foods, nutrients and disease prevention or progression.
- Compare and contrast food allergy and sensitivity assessments.
- Learn dietary recommendations for enhancing exercise and fitness goals.
- Incorporate practical guides for leading group or individual detox programs.
- Differentiate dietary options for celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- Help patients simplify their diet and reverse their cardiovascular disease.
Wendy Hodsdon, ND
Martin Milner, ND
Mona Morstein, ND
Bonnie Nedrow, ND, LAc
Lisa Shaver, ND
Jared Zeff, ND, LAc