The Fall 2020 FAME Educator Training is an online, 6-week, work-at-your-own-pace training: October 2 – November 15, 2020
The Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) Educator Training will prepare qualified educators to successfully implement a 12-week community-based whole-foods nutrition program: the Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) series. Because a foundation in nutrition is required to teach the FAME series,* those eligible to be FAME Educators are licensed naturopathic physicians, masters of science in nutrition practitioners, as well as other healthcare providers vetted and approved by the Food As Medicine Institute (FAMI). Please contact Nutrition Coordinator Julie Marks at email@example.com to confirm if you are eligible to register.
*This training is not designed for community members and does not teach a foundation in nutrition science. The FAME Educator Training is designed to teach qualified health professionals to teach the FAME series in their own communities. If you are a community member looking for cooking or nutrition education, please click here for more information about our Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) workshops available.
Please visit the FAME Educator Training Program page for more information about what it means to be FAME Educator.
What to expect from the training workload:
- Training runs for 6 weeks from October 2 through November 15.
- Weekly workload includes the following:
- Approximately 1.5 hours of video content to watch
- About 30 pages of support reading in the Food as Medicine Everyday book.
- Final project submission to include a recording of yourself teaching a preview of a FAME lesson
- You can follow the weekly work calendar or work ahead and/or condense your working time frame, if you choose
- Introduction to FAME: FAME history, guiding principles, and nutritional philosophy
- Location development
- Program evaluation and research
- FAME costs, pricing, and marketing
- FAME Curriculum training
- FAME Educator trainee competency development
- Training materials (curriculum and Food as Medicine Everyday book)
- 13.75 CEU’s through OBNM for Naturopathic physicians
~ Registration now closed ~
*Participants: Please include your mailing address when you register, for receiving the copy of your FAME book. Also, an email with a welcome and additional logistics on the training and accessing the online class platform will follow closer to the training dates. Feel free to email Nutrition Coordinator Julie Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering if you have any questions or to confirm qualifications. We look forward to working with you on our next FAME Educator Training!