The Spring 2021 FAME Educator Training is an online, 10-week, work-at-your-own-pace training: April 5 – June 11, 2021
The Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) Educator Training will prepare qualified educators to successfully implement a 12-week community-based whole-foods nutrition program: the Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) series. Because a foundation in nutrition is required to teach the FAME series,* those eligible to be FAME Educators are licensed naturopathic physicians, masters of science in nutrition practitioners, as well as other healthcare providers vetted and approved by the Food As Medicine Institute (FAMI). Please contact Nutrition Coordinator Julie Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if you are eligible to register.
*This training is not designed for community members and does not teach a foundation in nutrition science. The FAME Educator Training is designed to teach qualified health professionals to teach the FAME series in their own communities/practices. If you are a community member looking for cooking or nutrition education, please click here for more information about our Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) workshops available.
Please visit the FAME Educator Training Program page for more information about what it means to be FAME Educator.
What to expect from the training workload:
- Training runs for 10 weeks from April 5 through June 11.
- Weekly workload includes the following:
- Approximately 1 hour of video content to watch
- About 30 pages of support reading in the Food as Medicine Everyday book and the FAME curriculum.
- Final project submission to include a recording of yourself teaching a preview of a FAME lesson and FAME cooking demonstration.
- You can follow the weekly work calendar provided in the training or work ahead and/or condense your working time frame, if you choose.
- Introduction to FAME: FAME history, guiding principles, and nutritional philosophy
- Location development
- Program evaluation and research
- FAME costs, pricing, and marketing
- FAME Curriculum training
- FAME Educator trainee competency development
- Training materials (curriculum and other resources used in the FAME series [Food as Medicine Everyday book sold separately online, see below*])
- 13 CEU’s through OBNM for Naturopathic physicians
~ Cost & Registration Here ~
*FAME book sold separately and is necessary for the class. Please visit our website to purchase the book. Basic shipping takes about 2 weeks to receive from time of order. If you are signing up for FAME close to the start date, expedited shipping is available through the NUNM Press for an additional fee. Contact press editor email@example.com for details. Copies are also available on Amazon (with various delivery dates) as well as the Kindle version here
*****After you register at the link above, you’ll receive an automatic email confirmation of your registration. You will receive a personalized welcome email from us with login information to the training within 1-3 business days from the time you register. If you are unsure if you qualify for the training, please contact nutrition coordinator Julie Marks at firstname.lastname@example.org