- 12 Weeks of hands-on cooking and nutrition education
- 90 minutes with a naturopathic physician each week.
- A 140 page nutrition workbook with class recipes.
- A delicious, healthy and tasty meal each week.
- BONUS! Free grain samples from Bob’s Red Mill.
- All for less than $18 per week!
For more information or questions, please contact Dr. Julie Briley or Dr. Courtney Jackson at 503.552.1525.
Interested in learning to cook healthy, whole foods? Ask your doctor if this series is right for you!
The Food as Medicine Everyday series is a series of twelve weekly workshops that demonstrate simple techniques for selecting and cooking tasty, nutritious whole foods and teach how these foods can improve health and fitness.
What topics will be covered?
- Introduction to Nutrients
- Label Reading
- Benefits of Breakfast
- Habits 4 Health
- How to Create Your Plate
- Healthy Digestion
- Balancing Blood Sugar
- Grains and Greens of Traditional Diets
- Healthy Substitutions on the Go
- Exploring Sweeteners
- Portland Food Shopping Guide
- School Lunch & Snacks
Each workshop will welcome up to 15–20 participants, both children and adults.
You and your family will benefit from these healthy cooking tips, and proceeds from the Food as Medicine Everyday workshops support community–based ECO Project workshops for low–income families.