- 3-4 lbs of organic grass-fed beef bones (knuckles and cut bones with marrow) or organic chicken carcass or fish carcass. Include chicken feet, fish heads, and scraps.
- 4 quarts of filtered water
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 coarsely chopped onions
- 2-3 coarsely chopped carrots
- 2-3 coarsely chopped celery sticks
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme, tied together
- 1 bunch parsley
- Large pot or crock pot
- Add bones, water, vinegar and vegetables to a stock pot or crock pot. Bring to a boil then simmer or turn crock pot on “High”.
- Simmer for at least 12 hours, ideally 72 hours, stirring periodically. Remove any foam or scum that rises to the surface.
- When complete, pour liquid through strainer into jars for refrigeration or use immediately.