Ingredients per blender:
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 fresh or frozen banana
½ cup raw almonds (sliced or whole)
*** Option to substitute 4 TBSP almond butter
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 large handful of spinach (fill to the top of blender)
4 pieces of kale
Fill blender with water to cover ingredients
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon or chopped ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons of raw, local honey (for a less tart smoothie)
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- Substitute other berries. Try black or raspberries
- Substitute other greens for the spinach. Try chard or kale.
- Substitute other raw nuts (if you have a strong blender) or nut butters. Try cashew, walnuts, or peanuts, for example.
- Substitute other fruits. Try apples or pears with ginger and cinnamon for a fall smoothie.
- Add protein powder: hemp, rice, or pea protein can be good options. This is a more processed form of getting extra protein, so check the label and avoid any extra additives. Avoid whey protein if you have a dairy sensitivity.
Add water if the smoothie is too thick. Add ice if you want a frozen smoothie. Enjoy this smoothie everyday for breakfast or lunch!