Spring FAME Weekly Workshops, April 12 – June 18, 2021 | Learn at your own pace online
The Food as Medicine Everyday (FAME) series is a series of weekly workshops that demonstrate simple techniques for selecting and cooking tasty, nutritious whole foods and teach how these foods can improve health and fitness.
FAME Online is an 11-week series which includes online nutrition education lessons and video cooking workshops. Each week our naturopathic physicians and nutritionists share their in-depth knowledge around chronic disease, wellness, and nutrition. FAME Online can serve those looking for an introduction to cooking and eating whole foods and those looking for a deeper understanding about the health benefits of a whole foods based diet.
Each online series will welcome up to 20 participants who will have the opportunity to learn at their own pace from the comfort of their home. Videos of nutrition lessons and corresponding cooking demonstrations will be released weekly, accompanied by weekly written discussion posts and assignments where you can share with each other what you’re learning and what you’ve been cooking.
Regardless of age, cooking experience, or health status, you and your whole family will benefit from learning healthy cooking skills and nutritional know-how in this easy, online format.
FAME Online Includes
- Weekly nutrition education lessons with our institute’s naturopathic physician
- Cooking instruction videos with our institute’s nutritionist, showing step-by-step guidelines for preparing recipes and highlighting important nutrition information
- Connection with community through weekly written discussion posts and live virtual meetings
- Recipes and lessons from the Food as Medicine Everyday, Reclaim your Health with Whole Foods book. Written by Dr. Julie Briley and Dr. Courtney Jackson (Book sold separately from FAME Online registration and is needed for class – please see below for where to purchase)
- Transform your eating habits in just 11 weeks!
Early bird pricing*, through March 7
$309 family rate (2 participants)
Regular price*, after March 7
$369 family rate (2 participants)
*Book sold separately and is necessary for the class. Please visit our website to purchase the book. Basic shipping takes about 2 weeks to receive from time of order. If you are signing up for FAME close to the start date, expedited shipping is available through the NUNM Press for an additional fee. Contact press editor firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Copies are also available on Amazon (with various delivery dates) as well as the Kindle version here
**Please note that while this class is learn-at-your-own pace, you will get the most out of the class if you are able to participate on a mostly-weekly basis.
After you register at the link below, you’ll receive an automatic email confirmation of your registration. Within 1-3 business days of your registration, we will contact you with a personal email with information for logging into the online learning platform and getting set up in the class!